Oh! Wait.... Do you hear the bells....?
Calvin: Well. I've decided I do believe in Santa Claus, no matter how preposterous he sounds.
Hobbes: What convinced you?
Calvin: A simple risk analysis. I want presents. Lots of presents. Why risk not getting them over a matter of belief? Heck, I'll believe anything they want.
Hobbes: How cynically enterprising of you.
Calvin: It's the spirit of Christmas.
There are three stages in the life of a person, one when he or she believes in Santa Claus, another when he or she doesn't believe in Santa Claus and the last when he or she plays Santa Claus. If Calvin's risk analysis is to be believed then I think it is in our favor to believe in Santa Claus, what say you!?
Well, there is one more reason for you to believe in the spirit of Santa, as I have decided to play one this year. But this Santa is too fond of sweets. As a self-proclaimed dessert enthusiast, you all need to impress this Santa by making the best dessert you can!
These are some of the things you can follow ensure a chance to win Santa's special Holiday giveaway :
Make any or many desserts like Cakes, Cookies, Chocolates, Pastries, Bars, Custards, Candies, Dessert tarts, Pies, Puddings and Icecreams while sharing your favorite Holiday memories, if you wish to. Send a picture of your masterpiece to email@example.com on or by 31 Dec 2008, so that the spread is ready for Santa to snack on, after his Christmas work-out! I would really appreciate it if you could make Santa feel special by creating a new/separate post for this little celebration!
Lets all pass on the holiday spirit by selecting three lucky winners of the challenge, so please be ready to vote in January. Santa is delivering a $20 gift card for the first place winner and $10 gift card for the second place winner. The third place winner will get a special mention on this Santa's home - Tasty treats!
Here are the event points again:
- Please make one or more desserts which come under the categories given above.
- Make a post of your creation on your blog with a link back to this event announcement. Please feel free to include the event banner or logo in your post.
- Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Santa's Holiday Challenge" as the subject on or by Dec 31, 2008.
- Dont forget to attach a picture of your creation and mention your name, blog name and url, entry name and entry url.
- Non-blogging and talented Santa's little helpers can also send in their creations. Please include your name, entry name and a picture of your creation!
- Please do check back in January for the round-up and to vote for your favorite.
If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot an email to email@example.com. I will try to resolve your question as soon as possible.
I would like to thank my dear friend, Bhags of Crazy Curry, for helping me with this wonderful event write-up and for giving me valuable inputs and ideas for the event. I hope I would get your whole-hearted support in making this event a great success!
Cheers!! - JZ