March 10, 2009

Egg Biriyani & Pista Kulfi for an awesome treat!

I just dont know how fast each week passes by! Dividing my time between taking care of a 3 year old, her pre-school, JM's busy schedule and household chores, I just know that Monday (the dreaded day!!) comes by just as soon as the previous one is over! So these days, I havent done much of baking or cooking "specials", for that matter. I am inviting you to share two excellent recipes that I had tried out earlier, from two other talented bloggers. The first one is Shn's Egg Biriyani and to finish it off with a sweet note, there is Sujatha's Pista Kulfi.



This egg biriyani caught my interest the first time I came across Shn's post on the recipe. Immediately I bookmarked it in my favourites. Last year at Christmas, I decided to give this a try. Just because it was just the three of us on Christmas, I didnt feel like preparing an elaborate meal. And coincidentally I fell sick the two days before Christmas. By that time I really needed something simple. We were all happy with the egg biriyani which is actually a little more complex than the name suggests. One would expect the biriyani to be biriyani rice and masala with just hard boiled eggs. But this recipe is a bit more complex with egg omelettes and homemade masala. I was a bit overwhelmed with all the steps, probably because I was not feeling well. Anyways, try this out and you wont be disappointed.


Check out Shn's Egg Biriyani at Mishmash!


I really dont have to say how much I love desserts. When Sujatha posted this Pista Kulfi recipe, I was itching to make it as soon as possible. But since I am on a small sugar-high dessert ban, I had to be patient. The recipe remained attractive among all my bookmarked recipes. Finally a few weeks ago, I made the kulfi and it was out of the world!! I am not kidding, it was awesome! It was melt in your mouth kind which no one would be able to resist. The best part about the recipe is its simplicity and can me mixed together in minutes. JM absolutely loved it, he was willing to have it for breakfast, if I would let him! The recipe was enough for probably 12-14 kulfi-sicles but they were gone in a day! I just cant thank her enough for this delicious dessert. Dont believe me?, try it out for yourself......


Do try out Sujatha's Pista Kulfi recipe at Spicy Khazaana.

My dear friend Ivy of Kopiaste has bestowed upon me, the Adorable Blog award. I thank her immensely for remembering me while passing on the award.




I would love to pass it on to,

Asha of Foodie's Hope and Aroma

Divya Kudua of Easy Cooking

Priya of Priya's Easy N' Tasty recipes

Trupti of Recipe Center

Aquadaze of Served with Love

Soma of eCurry

Finally, dont forget that Lets go nuts: Almonds is the "happening thing"/ ongoing event on Tasty treats. Do check out the event announcement and rush in your delicious entries with almonds in them, before March 31.

Have a great day!

23 comments:

Trupti said...

I can relate to you JZ about spending all time with 3 yr old as I also have 3.5 yr old at my house :)

biryani & kulfi looks very delicious JZ. Congratulations on award & thank you very much for thinking of me.

Happy Holi !!

Finla said...

I love the egg biriyani and that kulfi that is just so so creamy delicious.

A_and_N said...

We are also suckers for desserts and boy that pista kulfi looks absolutely gorgeous!

Sujatha said...

yey! I'm so glad you liked the Kulfi, JZ! The presentation is making it look gorgeous! Thanks for trying it out..

Suganya said...

Lovely recipes. Looks so mouthwatering. Nice pictures. YUM!

FH said...

Delicious recipes! Biryani and Kulfi, yumilicious combo! :)

Weather is getting better and better and another round of kids' birthdays to celebrate this weekend for us, me very very too! :D

I have something for your Almond event, will post next week, still have to type in but can't get time these days.

FH said...

Oops, forgot! Enjoy your award and thanks for thinking of me too buddy. Hugs! :))

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

wwwow...look at the kulfi,looks amazing! beautiful pics JZ.

Cham said...

They look super delicious ! The kulfi is super cool!

suvi said...

I have made that egg biryani from her blog and it is awesome! The kulfi looks absolutely yum :)

suvi said...

Oh...and congrats on your award, and thank you for thinking of me :)

Uma said...

both dishes look so good and delicious JZ!

I posted about your gift card today. Check out here!

While you're there pick some awards too! :)

Divya Kudua said...

Egg biryani looks delicious..and you say you were not feeling well days before making it?I would think twice of making it even when am hail and healthy..;-)Jokes apart,it sure sounds like a delicious biryani and I might make it for hubby's birthday which is fast approaching..hmm..Pista kulfi is tempting..Congrats on your award and thanks so much for thinking of passing it to me;-)

Indian Khana said...

Both looks mouth watering.....the platter looks so gud..wonderful pics

Priya Suresh said...

Biriyani looks amazing..am just drooling over the pista kulfi JZ..such an awesome dessert..lovely presentation as every...Congrats on ur award,thanks for thinking of me...

Happy Holi!!

Anonymous said...

I just lave egg Biryani & it's looking yummm. Pista Kulfi is also really Tempting!!!

Archy said...

wow, tempting pics.. pista kulfi is driving me crazy now :)!! Wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Havent had kulfi since a long time. Fab clicks!

Bhawna said...

Wow what a presentation!! nice cool pictures luv ur blog

Dori said...

That biriyani looks so so good! Perfect dish! Also, kulfi looks great! Congratulations on the award :)

Anonymous said...

Made the kulfi..easy and yummy. The only thing I would change is next time add cardamom essense instead of real things-didn't like the taste of licking into the powdered pods:-)Add some saffron too- but all the same yummy dessert!!

Noor said...

I have always wanted to try this recipe, thanks for posting.

Chennai Shopping Offers said...

I prepared Egg Biryani yesterday and everyone liked it.. This is the first time I am satisfied with my biryani cooking. I haven't been able to cook biryani/ pulao as nicely till yesterday. Thanks for the receipe from me and my husband.