February 14, 2009

True decadence with Quaker True Delights!


Wonder what I am doing picturing a box of Quaker granola bars? I was again lucky enough to receive these new bars - True delights by Quaker - for review, under the Tastemaker program of Foodbuzz.

Just like the last product that I was allowed to sample and review (Cowgirl Chocolates), I received the package of these delicious bars within days of my acknowledgement!! I felt really excited because we were allowed to sample these just before their introduction into the market.

The granola bar packaging itself looked so dreamy with beautiful logos and the list of key ingredients! There were 6 bars - 2 each of these flavors.

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond
Toasted Coconut Banana Macadamia Nut
Honey Roasted Cashew Mixed Berry



Without any delay, JM chose the Toasted Coconut Banana Macademia Nut bar and I settled for the one with Chocolate in it. JM loved his bar, said it passed his taste test and has been JM-certified now!! I loved the one I chose - the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond but I thought that it was a bit too sweet for my personal taste. I had the Toasted Coconut Banana Macademia Nut bar the next day but wasnt too happy with it. Finally I tried the Honey Roasted Cashew Mixed Berry bar and was pleasantly surprised!!! It was as if I had saved the best for the last. It presented the perfect combination to my taste buds and I was floored!! I would say they were all more like desserts than a snack!!

Review:

I would say the Cashew - Mixed Berry was my favourite, followed by the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond and then the Toasted coconut banana macademia nut. I wouldnt mind if they were a bit less sweet. The Cashew - Mixed Berry bar had chewy granola with a cashewnut in the middle and specks of dried mixed berries (I dont have a picture - but looks more like the Dark Choc - Raspberry one). The Toasted coconut - Banana - Macademia Nut one has large slivers/slices of coconut, dried banana with a Macademia nut and granola (pictured above). The Dark Chocolate - Raspberry - Almond one had thick chunks of chocolate and pieces of Raspberries with an Almond and granola (pictured below).



Many of you had asked during my last review on Cowgirl Chocolates, on how to sign up for the Tastemaker program. I believe that the members of Foodbuzz would have received a mail mentioning the program and on how to sign up. Once you sign-up you can choose the categories of products that you would like to try out / review. Once a product becomes available, they will inform you about the availability and if you would prefer to try it out, send a mail back with a positive response. If you are one of the lucky ones who have responded quickly, you will receive a package from the vendor or from Foodbuzz.

I am not sure if there was any deadline for signing up for the program, but those who are interested, please do go through your archives and check it out!! Hope this was of help to all of you who enquired about how to sign up!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

TBC said...

I tried the cashew thing recently. It was just okay (to me). The packaging is very appealing though. I would like to give the chocolate-raspberry ones a shot, but don't want to buy a whole box in case I'm not too happy with the taste. Don't want to be stuck with something I don't like! :)