June 5, 2008

Chicken Korma and an announcement!

Hello friends, thank you for visting me today! I would like to announce the launch of a photography blog "Through the looking glass" by JZ (myself ;-)). This is basically a collection of pictures taken by my husband JM, the ones that I enjoy a lot. Please go over to the new blog and visit us at "Through the looking glass" and embrace it just like you all accepted Tasty treats! Thanks a lot for your support!

Today I am inviting your attention to another yummy blog. Most of you might be familiar with Annita's blog My treasure my pleasure. She was inactive for a few months now since she went to India for vacation. But the good news is she is back and hopefully will start blogging soon. Why I am so excited is that she was one of the few blogs that I was aware of soon after I first came to the US, with negligible knowledge in cooking techniques. Her blog was one of the biggest source of recipes which I had for reference at that time. Thus started my journey into the world of "cooking with the aid of the web". I should say her blog influenced my decision to blog, a lot. So here's another recipe from her blog which she found from Nabeela's Trial and error. Thanks to both of you!! The recipe can be found here. This is a tasty chicken curry with a rich gravy of cashews, almonds, yoghurt and roasted coconut. I always stick to the recipe when I am cooking something new, so it would be advisable to do that! :-)


Tip:

  1. I would probably increase the amount of chilly powder. I prepared this sometime back, I guess I dont have any more tips for you that I remember.

Enjoy!! Good day to you all !! PS: If you like my blog, please dont forget to leave me a message, it really IS the inspiration to do more!


I am sending this Chicken korma to the Contest of the month June 2008 - Chicken over at Vandana's Cooking up something nice.

22 comments:

ranji said...

even i agree with u 100% abt annithas blog...korma looks delicious..love it...now off to ur 2nd blog:)

Finla said...

Yumm kurma looks delicious

Srivalli said...

lovely chicken korma..and your photography blog is beautiful!

Hetal said...

Hey....anything can happen till tomorrow..Can't say anything now..

Rachel said...

The chicken looks great..

lovely pics on your other blog..your little princess in the after rain pic..is such a cherishable pic...

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thanks ranji, Happycook, srivalli, hetal and rachel!!

Thanks Ranji, Srivalli and Rachel for visting the photography blog too!! Yes Rachel, that pic is a keeper!! :-)

Cham said...

Yummy chicken korma, i left to other blog and forgot the chicken

Sum Raj said...

korma looks delicious and tasty..i luv to eat with palappams...

@the_whisk_affair said...

hehe Cham, but i'm glad you still cam back!

hi suma, thanks, i too think that would be a fantastic combination!!!

Unknown said...

Oh..thats a mouthwatering korma.I have tried many of annita's recipe.she has some wonderful authentic recipes from kerala.Photo blog is too good..hats off to u'r hubby.Loved the flowers,squirrel and dolphins.Excellent photography...and ofcourse, the cute girl on the pic.(hoping that it's u'r daughter :D)

Thanks for commenting on the kabob again.I couldn't believe i took such a good picture.Actually after a long time, i was not in a hurry and took some effort to take a picture.Usually it's the same table and same mat :D..

Unknown said...

i am a vege...but was having a look at other recipes..you have a good collection here..especially the desserts and I simply fell in love with your black forest cake.

EC said...

An award for u at my blog

Anonymous said...

Kurma looks delicious......

Anonymous said...

Hi
I was a regular reader of Nabeela’s blog and now after her return I cannot see her blog as it is only for selected readers. I am not very computer savvy and would be grateful if you could guide me as to how to be able to see Trialsnerror as it was one of my favourite sites.

Thanks
Neville
Toronto

FH said...

JZ, that's a great dish I love Annita's blog too, sad that she is is too busy these days!
I will check out that site, have a great weekend!:))

@the_whisk_affair said...

thanks a lot maheswari!! loved reading ur comment! yes, that cutie pie is my daughter! :-)

i am not joking, i just love that kabab pic...something abt that attracts me a lot!! i know what u mean abt the same mat and same table, so i switched to a plain color on all the pics!

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thanks a lot Sowmya, there is a somewhat good collection of vegetarian recipes too..!! check that out, and thanks for the compliments on the balck forest cake!

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thanks EC and Sireesha!

Hi anonymous, i dont have any idea beacuse I am not a reader of that site...it probably is invitation only, or maybe u might have had a subscription!!

EC, I am coming over right now! :-)

Suganya said...

Hi Jz....
That was a lovely korma. Looks so creamy and delicious. Great pictures. YUM! YUM!...

Anonymous said...

The korma looks yummy! Going over to see your other blog.

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thanks Sukanya and homecooked!

Recipeswap said...

The korma looks so good.This is my first visit to your blog and its so impressive.
My blogging inspiration was from Asha of Foodies Hope.
I am yet to visit Annitha blog.