June 11, 2008

CLICK for Bri, some awards and a meme!

As you all know, this edition of CLICK: The food photography event is special because it is dedicated to a special cause - raising money for Briana Brownlow of Figs With Bri. Please check my earlier post on the details for more. I did what I could, and I request those who have not already done so, to contribute to make Brianna's life a little easier, so that she could explore alternate treatments that are otherwise nearly impossible for her. Even a small gesture makes a big difference. This edition of CLICK has special gifts to offer including raffle prizes, where you can bid on great stuff. You can contribute by clicking on the chip-in button on the widget on the right sidebar of my blog, or go to this post. Thank you all! God Bless!


Cheesecake icecream for Bri

Last month, I couldnt send in a picture for CLICK, so this time I am making sure that I am sending one, and in time too! I chose this picture because my husband and I really love this picture. It is special to me because this is the result of my first experiment with icecream at home, and that too without a recipe or an icecream maker! I am also pleased with the food presentation and the photography! Click here for the actual post on cheesecake icecream. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending this picture over to Jugalbandi. Hope everyone would like my entry! The picture was taken using a Nikon D40 camera, nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens.

So there goes something sweet for our sweet Briana! My heart goes out to you girl! Be brave and on keep fighting!! We all could learn a thing or two from you about persistence and fighting back!

I also got an award from Hetal of Isha's kitchen - the Rocking Girl Blogger award! I am really thankful to Hetal for passing it on to me, and would like to follow the lead and hand it over to my rocking fellow bloggers! This is for all of you. But as per the rules I am naming a few.


Vandana of Cooking up something nice
Sig of Live to eat
Purnima of Cook
Ivy of Kopiaste
Shubha of Chutki bhar pyar

I received another award from Vandana Rajesh of Cooking up something nice!


Thanks a lot Vandana and I was really excited beacuse she had written on her blog that she enjoys reading our blogs! That means a lot, to know that what you put your effort into is appreciated by some people, people whom you've never met or talked to, but who have grown close to you nevertheless! Let me spread some love around and pass this award to

Sia of Passionate about life n' spice
Sangeeth of Art of cooking Indian Food
Madhuram of Eggless cooking
Sunita of Sunita's world
Skribles of Food with a pinch of love

I had been tagged by Skribles of Food with a pinch of love for a meme. And here it goes!

1. Last movie u saw in a theatre?
SIGH! It was some time ago, Rasathanthram (Malayalam movie)

2. What book are u reading?
About 50 cookbooks ;-)

3. Favourite board game?
Scrabble, Pictionary

4. Favourite magazine?
No favourites

5. Favourite smells?
Baked goods (cookies, pizza etc), nothing else is coming to me!!!

6. Favourite sounds?

Music, my lil one calling me amma (mom) and you know, when you think hard nothing comes to you... I am not getting anything else!

7. Worst feeling in the world?

Being unappreciated and getting misunderstood.

8. What is the first thing you think of when u wake?
Is it morning already!? I'm kidding, I really dont know!

9. Favourite fast food place?
Pizza places, Burger joints

10. Future childs name?
Lets wait and see, shall we?

11. Finish this statement—'If I had a lot of money I’d....’
Save some for a rainy day, help the needy, build a house and with the rest, shop until I die! ;-)

12. Do u drive fast?
No

13. Do u sleep with a stuffed animal?
Nope, those days are over!

14. Storms–cool or scary?
Cool when we're indoors, scary when we're outside!

15. What was your first car?
None till now!

16. Favorite drink?
Milk/Fruit shakes

17. Finish this statement - If I had the time I would…
.....bake more, start a baking class, expand the blog and travel more!!

18. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
Yes, most of the time......get some fibre in, people!

19. If you could dye your hair any other colour, what would be your choice?
If I could (not that I have) a beautiful shade of brown.

20. Name all the different cities/towns u have lived in?
Trivandrum (Kerala), Cochin(Kerala), Bangalore, Minneapolis.

21. Favourite sports to watch?
Cricket, Tennis, Basketball

22. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
Skribles is a new friend, a talented blogger and I'm getting to know her more each day!!

23. Whats under your bed?
A few of my lil one's toys ;-)

24. Would u like to be born as yourself again??
Yep!

25. Morning person or night owl?
Depends on the situation ;-). But during my schooling days I was definitely a morning person!

26. Over easy or sunny side up?
Over easy! But actually I dont mind both!

27. Favourite place to relax?
Home......but then, home is where the heart is!

28. Favourite pie?
I'm not that fond of pies, but if I had to choose, apple pie!

29. Favourite icecream flavour?
I dont care about the flavor as long as it is icecream!! :-) But the least favourite probably would be mint.

30. Of all the people u have tagged, who is the most likely to respond first?
Lets be patient and see who will respond first! ;-)

Thanks for reading through! I know its loooong! To spread the meme, I would like to tag,

Sangeeth of the Art of Cooking Indian Food
Ranji of Ranji's Kitchen Corner
Sukanya of Hot n' Sweet bowl
Bhags of Crazy curry
Asha of Foodie's hope

Its upto you girls whether you want to do it or not, but I would really apprecaite if you do, since we could all know a little bit more about you! :-)

29 comments:

Sangeeth said...

sure JZ dear will post a meme asap....and thanks forthe award.

Ivy said...

Hi JZ your entry for Bri is wonderful and I still have mine to post. Congrats on the awards. Thank you so much for passing it to me. I am flattered.

Sum Raj said...

woo..what a nice presentation u have presented....awesome....congrates on ur awards

Finla said...

Wonderful read. Got to know more about you.
I didn't know yo are a mallu.
Congrats on the award

Hetal said...

Congrats for the awards.
thats a lovely click,great entry for the event.

Suganya said...

Hi JZ...
That was a beautiful click for Bri. Nice reading ur MEME...Hay congrats on ur awards... Thank u for tagging me.

Shubha Ravikoti said...

Hey Jz... nice click there dear... Ur pictures are always good... u click it or u have an official photographer for u?:P

Congrats on ur awards... u rock girl and u deserve every inch of both the awards...:)

Thanx for passing one to me..:D Thank u so much

Shubha Ravikoti said...

Ohh Malayali aana??.. hehe i dunno malyalam but can understand pretty well...:D

flet nice reading your meme..:) Nice to know more about u...:d

Loved your.. If i have lots of money...:P ..specially the last part of the answer heheheheh

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful entry for Bri! ... And congrats on your awards JZ ... thanks for passing on the award :)

Finla said...

Jz true and original mallu i am :-)

FH said...

Beautiful photo JZ, love the recipe for that too.
Good to read your MeMe, watch Malayalam movie? I can't understand a word of it but I can understand Tamil and Telugu. Have fun.
Thanks for tagging me. I have done so many MeMes in the past, I have answered all these q's already!:)

bha said...

the pic is apt for the click......nice read your meme....got to know so much about you....will try and do mine

Beyond Curries said...

That's an eye catching presentation JZ. Excellent.

Congrats on your awards and thank you very much for passing it to me.

ranji said...

lovely click JZ...thank u so much for tagging me but i have already done this meme b4...check this link

http://rbcuisines.blogspot.com/search/label/meme

Rachel said...

I like the click..love cheesecake icecream much more..

Congrats on all the awards..

From Tvm?

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy! You have presented your dish very well too.

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thanks Sangeeth and Ivy, it was my pleasure to pass these awards to you guys!

Thanks Suma and Happycook!! :-) so happy to meet a mallu, happycook!

Thanks Hetal and Sukanya! Waiting to read ur meme, Sukanya!

Hey Shubha! Yes, i do have a resident photographer ;-), but I take pics too, at times!! I understood that you dont know malayalam cos, usually "malayali aano" thats the question! ;-)and yeah, arent we all women!? shop shop shop ;-), but that is when I have a lot of money ofcourse!!

Thanks Skribles and Asha! Asha, if you understand tamil you shud be able to understand malayalam too! Its very similar!

Thanks Bhags, Madhuram, Ranji, Rachel and mycomfortfood!! Bhags, waiting to know more abt you!! :-)
Hey Rach, yes I am, are you!?

Illatharasi said...

Congrats JZ for the awards!!!
Good to know about you!!!
Your icecream looks wonderful, very creative :)

Purnima said...

JZ,u r just pleased,that is a stunningly gorgeous CLICK! The cheesecake ice-cream,unique idea! Nice MeMe..tks for considering me for 'RB'!!

Purnima said...

Congrats on both ur awards!! (This needs a special comment as ur pics n posts r truly awesome!)

Sia said...

congrats on the awards girl and thanks for passing one to me:) its always fun to read meme and get to know one another. i enjoyed reading ur meme:)

ST said...

Congrats on ur awrds!!!Love reading ur meme!!!Got to know more about you.Lovely click.

Beyond Curries said...

Now, it's my turn to give you an award. Check my blog!

vandana rajesh said...

Thanks jz for the award, it's been a pleasure knowing you.

Sig said...

JZ that is a beautiful picture, loved the plating and presentation. Ice cream is tough to click since the darn thing starts melting if left out for too long. :) And you are collecting quite some awards these days, huh? Congrats girl, and thanks for mine... Enjoyed the meme too...

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thanks Illatharasi for visiting!!

Purnima, I really appreciate your sweet words! You deserve the RB!

Enjoy ur award Sia, and I enjoyed writing the meme!

Thanks Sireesha, Madhuram and Vandana!

Madhuram, I am so thankful to you for the award!! Thanks a lot for thinking about me!

Thanks Sig, I really love that CLICK! and yeah, enjoy ur awards!

Unknown said...

Thats just a very very beautiful click JZ:) Looks professional !! Yes I was on a lil break in my blog:) Thanks to Wii-Fit that my husband gifted me on bday:) I loved the noodle soup, the praline (mmm i cant wait to try that!! )

Swati Raman Garg said...

perfect rest style dessert haan .. u r too good at this arent u ... d presentation and it sure will light up a smile for bri

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thanks Roopa and Swati. I hope Bri like this as well!!