Cook until just tender, drain and pour cold water over to prevent further cooking.
- I used no fat - reduced sodium chicken broth.
- The addition of the mushrooms is one of my variations.
- I used a piece of fried chicken (thigh - store bought) and chopped up the meat to add to the soup.
- The soup can also be made without meat (vegetarian) or the addition of more/different vegetables.
- The kinds of meat usually used are chicken, beef or pork and are usually minced and cooked by sauteeing along with the onion mixture before adding to the soup.
Again its happening, its raining awards on me! Thanks to each one of you who considered me for the awards! I am so happy today because this time I received a beautiful and inspiring award from Madhuram of Eggless cooking. The concept behind the award is so meaningful and I am definitely overwhelmed by her generosity and thoughtfulness. I really am thankful Madhu, for your kind gesture and your sweet words!
This award was conceptualised by Jamie of the Flavour Pantry. Jamie tells the following,
“This is given to bloggers whose stories and recipes inspire us. Whether it’s to eat healthier, dive back into our past to conjure up something we ate as children, or just make the light bulbs in our brains go on with a new idea for a recipe. As recipients of this award, please share with us what inspires you and then pass on the Inspiration Award to 4 other deserving bloggers. Please let them know what the award means and what to do with it.”
I am supposed to write about things that inspire me. I am inspired by
- ....the kind, encouraging words, humbling gestures and extraordinary talent of all my fellow bloggers who have supported me and who have come to mean a lot to me within a very few months!
- ....the ecstatic looks on the face of my family when they taste one of my creations (when it happens I mean ;-)!). It does not happen always, I do have my share of screw-ups, but when it does, I forget everything else!!
- ....people who do not give up, endure and fight back even in the face of unthinkable disasters or set backs in life. I know I am not that strong, I probably would give up earlier on! But still I am inspired but their endurance/persistence to try harder!
- ....my family members who have always supported me, loved me and accepted me no matter how crazy I get! ;-)
As per the terms of the award, I have to pass this award to four other bloggers. I wish I could give them to all of you because all of you have a part to play in my life now, through my blog. The thoughts that you pass on to me through your comments are my inspiration to do more, otherwise I would have stopped blogging long back!! The sense of belonging that I get from the messages is something that I cannot describe, and eventhough we wouldnt probably meet at all, you all will always be special to me! You should understand how hard it is for me to choose just four of my friends!!
I am passing this on to:
Ranji of Ranji's Kitchen Corner, with whom I have formed a bond pretty quickly, who has definitely inspired me to keep up my work on the blog!
Shubha of Chutki Bhar Pyar, who again is one of my frequent visitors and a great person, her personality shines through her comments!!
Sukanya of Hot n' Sweet bowl, who inspires all of us through her beautiful cakes and other recipes!
Sig of Live to Eat, who is inargueably one of the most-liked blogger, who bares her life before us, makes us laugh and entertain us through her great writing techniques and pictures!
Love you all!!! Pleased to be in the company of all of you!