June 25, 2008

Mango Lassi


Is it Wednesday already!!? I feel like I just dont have enough time nowadays! My mind is racing and I seem to be tense about something. Its probably because I am........you know what, I dont know!! I am not feeling that well, I hope I dont fall sick! I plan a lot of things for a day, but that dont seem to get done! But some days I do manage to do a bit of cooking for the blog! ;-) I always have elaborate plans for the recipes, but because I am not feeling super duper, I end up doing simple recipes. To top it off, I sprained my left wrist yesterday. Its a bit painful, I can "support" somewhat heavy stuff during lifting, but cannot "hold" even delicate things!

Anyways, I wanted to participate in the "Tried and Tasted" event started by Zlamushka of Zlamushka's Spicy Kitchen. The bloggers are to cook from Nupur's One Hot Stove this month. This is my first time at the event. But again because of the time-restrictions, I am not prepraing anything great, but decided to stick with probably the simplest of all recipes - Mango Lassi. I followed her recipe exactly (whats there to change!? Its that simple!) and here is the result. Eventhough I didnt make anything sophisticated, I am happy that I was introduced to Nupur's blog and I sure will be trying out recipes from hers soon. Do make this lassi, its one of the best coolers you could have in these sunny summer days! We gobbled it down in no time! :-)


Recipe (Serves 2) :

Canned mango puree - 1/2 cup
Plain yoghurt - 1/2 cup
Milk/ Soymilk - 1/2 cup
Cold water - 1/2 cup

Method:

Blend all the ingredients together.

Serve on ice.

Tip:
  1. Since canned mango puree is already sweetened, there is no need to add sugar. If you have to, add sugar to taste.


I am sending this to Zlamushka's "Tried and Tasted" event. Enjoy!!

21 comments:

FH said...

The only beverage I order in Indian restaurants, looks yum!:))

Sia said...

gorgeous pic JZ. and asha always beats everyone in commenting;)

Laavanya said...

Lovely picture JZ :) Looks so tantalizing.. Take care of your wrist and don't fall sick... :)

ST said...

Very inviting Mango Lassi....Its my favorite .....Nice presentation...

Shubha Ravikoti said...

Hi JZ... my email address is gems7882@gmail.com
Sorry i removed it due to this plagarism thing...

Thanks for ur support..

Hetal said...

lovely recipe and pic..

Sailaja said...

Great pictures. I too made Mango lassi over weekend to cool myself from heat.

Sailaja said...

Great pictures. I too made the mango lassi over the weekend to cool myself from heat.

Anonymous said...

yummy lassi

Unknown said...

looks yummy and mouth watering

Sailaja said...

Take care of your wrist.

ranji said...

sometimes simple recipes are the best isnt it? :)..i am not a big fan of curd but i often make lassi for my hubby..the savory ones..should make sweet ones..milk shakes works best for me :)...beautiful glass and need i say about the presenatation :))..

Dori said...

I hope your wrist feels better soon! The Lassi looks delicious :)

bha said...

Oh, how I hate mangoes, but love those pics

Srikitchen said...

yummy lassi... want to try it right now...

Cham said...

Lovely, i would grab the glass right away :)

Rachel said...

How is ur wrist now?

Simple but it looks lovely..and I bet it tasted as great as it looks!!

Kalai said...

Gorgeous lassi!! Looks so thick and delicious! :)

@the_whisk_affair said...

I know, Asha, thanks!!

Thanks Sia, yes, Asha is the first one to comment on most of my posts!! :-)

Thanks EC and Laavanya! Thank you so much for ur concern Laavanya! :-)

Thanks Sireesha, Hetal and Sailaja! Sailaja, thanks a lot for your concern! :-)

Thanks Skribles and SK!

Hey Ranji, thanks a lot for your comments! I love milkshakes too! :-)

Meeso, thanks a lot for your kind words! :-)

hehe Bhags, try some out! You'll like it :-)

Thanks Srilekha and Cham! Cham I can give you some if you come over! :-)

My wrist is feeling much better! Thanks Rachel for your concern.

And thanks to you too kalai! :-)

Thanks to everyone who mentioned my wrist. I am doing much better, thanks!! :-)

Anonymous said...

It might be simple, but its delicious. I had mango yogurt for breakfast today, but it wasn't as good looking :)

zlamushka said...

Hi JZ, thank you so much for this re-freshing entry. I love mango lassi and am happy you mentioned soy milk. July´s T&T challenge is up and announced, should you be interested.