July 23, 2008

Asha's Mango-Cream JellO


Nowadays I am pretty busy with some household chores and stuff, so I feel as if I am not getting enough time to spend for the blog!! I guess for a few of the upcoming events I've already gotten my entries ready and probably thats why I am not making anything new. I wish I could go back to posting everyday, but because of time-constraints (I have family coming over), I am not able to. But I do find time to hop over to the creative blogs of my dear fellow bloggers and leave comments!! :-)

For "MBP: Less is more" event at Nupur's One Hot Stove, I chose this pretty, cool and delicious Mango-Cream Jello from Asha's blog - Aroma. Asha's blogs Aroma and Foodie's Hope are treasure chests of wonderful recipes both simple and sophisticated. I made this dessert immediately after she posted hers. She answered my queries about the dessert quickly and I finished mine just as quick. We enjoyed the jello a lot! Again, since I had made only half the recipe, I had to fight for my share! I loooove mangoes and this is my kinda dessert! If you have guests over and need to whip up something super quick, this is the recipe for you! I guess in place of mango puree, fresh mangoes would be just as good. With just four ingredients, this is just awesome! Enjoy!! :-)


Recipe:

Mango pulp - 1 3/4 cup
Half and half or Heavy cream - 1/4 + 1/4 cup
Knox unflavored unsweetened gelatin - 2 envelopes
Powdered sugar - 1-2 tbsp, if using unsweetened mango pulp
Whipped cream and pistachios - for garnish (optional)

Method:

Mix the mango pulp, 1/4 cup cream and sugar (if using) and mix until creamy.

Heat 1/4 cup of cream, add gelatin and mix until the gelatin dissolves.

Add this mixture to the mango mixture and whisk well.

Pour into molds and chill until set (about 3 hours).

Serve chilled with garnish.

Tips:
  1. I only made half the recipe as I only had a little of the mango pulp.
  2. Add 1 envelope of gelatin to 1 1/4 cup or less liquid.
  3. The geltin can also be added directly without warming the cream, but the mixture has to be beaten well for the gelatin to dissolve.

I am sending this delicious mango dessert, also to "WYF - Juices and Icecreams" event at EC's Simple Indian Food and to the "Sweet Series - Cool Desserts" event at Mythreyee's Paajaka.








Enjoy this wonderful dessert and have a nice day!!

20 comments:

Sonia said...

wow...wow...another mouth watering dessert. hey, u certainly wud make me fatty by posting one by one dessert:);)
Nice and quick recipe as I love mango.
Thanks,
Sonu:)

ranji said...

Thats a great entry JZ..that glass of mango jello is so inviting..and u got a matching spoon to go with it :)...really really good..i also bookmarked it when asha posted it..YUMMMM..

EC said...

Mango cream looks yummy....thanks for participating

Nupur said...

That looks perfectly delicious! Thank you for the entry.

Cham said...

Yummy jello, i make the same way too, kids favorite hit! Love ur pictu dear!
Yes, it is summer, pretty much everyone is busy in their corner :)

Laavanya said...

That looks great. What a coincidence though because I was looking at Asha's mango recipes a while ago :)

Dori said...

It looks so smooth, I bet it is awesome!

Sum Raj said...

wooo..this looks kool...its yummy yum and inviting...

Srikitchen said...

u have a surprise in my blog!

EC said...

Hey JZ...I have something for u here

http://simpleindianfood.blogspot.com/2008/07/rajma-chawal.html

Sherin said...

wow.... i can c... it would melt in ur mouth , rite.... looks so delicious da
your fan
sherin

Illatharasi said...

Oh man... what a shot... I am going to comment only on the picture today, you are inspiring me day by day :)

Deepthi Shankar said...

thatz such a temoting dessert .. pic looks great

Divya Kudua said...

Wow...JZ..mango jello looks so delicious!!Too tempting!!Great presentation!!!

bha said...

Oh no, again a mango thing......:(

Will call you sometime, how can i forget you

@the_whisk_affair said...

I'm glad you liked it Sonu, Ranji and EC!

Thanks Nupur, Cham and Laavanya!

It really was tasty, Meeso and Suma!

Thanks Srilekha and EC!

Appreciate your support Sherin!

Thanks Vani, VP and Divya!

Sorry Bhags! I know you hate mangoes, but we looove 'em!

Cooking Station said...

Jello looks soo good. I want to have that cup of jello now :)

Sunshinemom said...

JZ- A visual treat! How could one not love such a yummy dessert?!!

FH said...

Excellent photo, looks lot better than mine JZ! Good job, you make me proud!:))

Just emailed you, enjoy the company and I will see you later.

Pakistani Mangoes said...

Hello

This is a great blog and your Mango Ice Cream is looking so good and tasty, i will try it today because i saw it yesterday, Great recipe, thanks alot