May 21, 2008

Hot n' Sour Vegetable Soup and my FIRST award!!


After a period of extreme activity I had started to cool off in terms of my cooking/baking in the kitchen. I dont know what happened, but it was like I was getting a bit discouraged or something! I was trying hard to get out of it, but inertia of the mind was much stronger than I thought it would be...I wanted to sumbit recipes for the blog events and thought that looking at the upcoming deadlines for foodie events would drive me back into action, but it was like I was in a gutter!! Finally a small cold passed from my lil girl to her dad drove me into action. Together with that the magic happened! Along came Trupti with the best encouragement a foodie blogger could get. She passed on the "Yummy Blog Award" to me. Thanks a lot Trupti, it means the world to me. It definitely feels good to be appreciated!


As per the rules of the award, I have to pass on the award to four of my blogger friends, which is extremely hard! But I would like to let all the others know that their blogs are also as yummy as can be! Thanks for all your support!

I would like to pass this on to:

Mansi Desai of Fun and Food






What could be better than a nice hot bowl of soup, when you have the cold!?. With MBP: Soups and Salads in my mind, I looked around and found the perfect soup at Mansi's Fun and Food. For probably the first time, I had everything at home, and I set out to make the quick, easy and spicy hot and sour soup. I am once again motivated to experiment and create. I hope this is the start of the rest of my blogging days! Check out Mansi's blog for the recipe. This is my entry for the Monthly Blog patrol: Soups and Salads hosted by Raaga of "The Singing Chef" and started by Coffee of The Spice Cafe.



Tips:
  1. The chilli sauce I had was the thai sweet chilli sauce. Together with the ketchup, the soup turned out to be a little sweeter than I would've liked, but at the same time having the spicy flavor of the pepper. So if using sweet chilli sauce, omit tomato sauce or you can add some green chilli sauce.
  2. For the veggies in the soup, I used ready-to-use coleslaw veggies (shredded cabbage and carrots), scallions and green bell peppers.

16 comments:

ranji said...

congrats on ur award JZ..u very well deserved it:).Thank u so much JZ...i am truely touched!!!:)...
ur soup looks so comforting and delisious!!!great to have this on a nice rainy day:)...

Unknown said...

Hi JZ!! Congrats on the Yummy award!! You deserve it as yours indeed is yummo yum:) Hot n sour soup looks rocking, very good presentation and I definitly love both this and the sweet corn soup too:)

Mansi said...

hey, congrats on the deserved award girl, and thanks so much for passing it on ot me!

but I'm even more excited that you tried the soup and it came out great! that's the biggest award for me!:)

ranji said...

an award waiting for u in my blog:)....congrats and enjooooy!!!

Mansi said...

I don't think my first comment made it here:)

OCngrats ona well-deserved award JZ, and thanks so much for passing it ton to me!

but I'm even more excited that you tried my soup and it came out great! that's the biggest award for me..thanks so much for trying and testifying my recipe!:)

Hetal said...

Congrats for the award....the soup is so mouth watering..

Jayashree said...

Congratulations on your award....

Swati Raman Garg said...

dont tell me urs is a first award.. u rock buddy .. professional writing.. cool pics..
ok.. congrats n keep rolling...

sunita said...

That is such a gorgeous looking bowl of soup...congrats on the eaward :-)

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thanks Ranji and Roopa, you really made all my days to come!

Hi Mansi, those were the two surprises I had for you, the award and the soup :-)

Thanks Hetal and Jayashree...

Hey Swaqti, it was my first award and now looks like I have got a second one from Ranji :-) (read as GRIN)

Thanks a lot Sunita! I just admire ur pics :-)

Suganya said...

Hi JZ...
That was a YUMMY soup... Looks so good. Loved the presentation. Hay i have something for u in my blog...

notyet100 said...

congrats...soup looks tasty,..

Sunshinemom said...

Congrats on those awards, and thanks for visiting my blog, and those nice words:) I liked the layout and colours of your blog(Brown is a fave) and the photographs...and of course the recipes - the petite orange cake too:)

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thanks Sukanya, notyet100 and sunshinemom! Sukanya, you bowled me over with your surprise!!

bee said...

what a gorgeous bowl of soup!!!

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thanks a lot for your compliment, bee!